Call for Papers and Symposia
AIMS AND SCOPE
ParCo2019 will cover the state of the art in the development, applications, and future trends in parallel
computing for both High Performance (HPC) and Data Intensive Computing (DIC). Its scope encompasses all platforms, from Internet of
Things (IoT) and Robotics to HPC systems, Clouds, Quantum, and Neuro-Computing.
The conference addresses all aspects of parallel computing, including applications, hardware and software technologies, and languages and development environments.
The full Call for Papers with deadline dates can be downloaded here.
Section 1: Architectures
New concepts for parallel computing architectures for all levels of parallelism, including:
- Multicore and manycore systems
- Heterogeneous systems
- Accelerators, including GPUs and FPGAs
- High-performance systems, including peta- and exascale
- Architectures for handling large data sets and data intensive computing, including high speed storage systems
- Interconnection networks
- Clouds for HPC
- Performance evaluation
- Energy saving designs
- IoT and mobile devices
- Brain-inspired systems, including neurocomputing
- Quantum computers
- Specialised architectures for high-performance machine learning and deep learning.
Section 2: Software
Software for parallel computing platforms, including
- Operating systems and middleware for all types of parallel architectures
- Software engineering methodologies, and methods and tools for developing and maintaining parallel software
- Parallel programming languages, compilers, libraries, and environments
- Testing and debugging techniques and tools
- Best practices of parallel computing on multicore, manycore, and stream processors
- Design patterns for parallel computing.
Section 3: Algorithms
Design, analysis, and implementation of parallel algorithms for all application areas, emphasising the parallel computing aspects and focusing on issues such as:
- Scalability and speedup
- Efficient utilization of the memory hierarchy
- Communication and synchronization
- Data management
- Energy awareness.
Section 4: Applications
The application of parallel computing to solve all types of business, industrial, scientific, and engineering problems using high-performance computing technologies, in particular:
- Astronomy and space
- Health science and care
- Geo- and environmental sciences
- Computational chemistry
- Material science
- Exploration and optimal use of resources
- Data intensive (big data) analytics and applications
- Economic and financial modelling
- Learning systems (deep learning) and AI
- Automonous transport systems, including self driving vehicles
- Virtual and augmented reality (VR and AR).
The conference language is English. Extended abstracts of ca. two pages should be submitted in electronic form by
31 March 2019 (extended deadline). Proposals are to be submitted in .pdf format.
Abstracts should clearly describe the contents of the proposed paper. The relevance and originality of the
contribution must be described and the most important references included. At most five relevant keywords must be
supplied. Also indicate the preferred topic area (section 1, 2, 3 or 4) from the list given above.
Paper proposals should be submitted using the submission server ParCo2019 ConfTool.
Proposals for organising a symposium are solicited. Please refer to Call for Symposia Proposals for organising a symposium should be submitted to the conference office by 31 March 2019, but later proposals will be considered if space allows. For any questions regarding the organisation of a symposium please contact the Conference Office.
Top of page